The Week in Tech: Latest Standout Stories from CES 2024 and Beyond
Get the latest updates and insights on all things tech with this Week in Review by TechCrunch. From highlights at CES 2024 to other noteworthy happenings in the tech world, we’ve got you covered.
- Carta faces allegations of unethical tactics
- Samsung introduces the new and improved Ballie home robot
- Volkswagen integrates ChatGPT into its cars
- Amazon employs generative AI for clothing shopping
- OpenAI launches the GPT Store
- Logan Paul’s CryptoZoo refunds
- Harvard and Boston University develop a new robotic exoskeleton
- Fidelity Financial experiences a major hack
- Twitch announces significant layoffs
Carta, a cap table management company, is accused of unethical conduct by startup Linear’s CEO. Samsung brings back Ballie, its spherical home robot, with new AI upgrades. Volkswagen plans to integrate an AI-powered chatbot into its cars. Amazon utilizes AI for enhanced clothing shopping experiences. OpenAI launches the GPT Store for custom chatbot apps.
Carta, a cap table management company, faces allegations of unethical tactics by startup Linear’s CEO. Samsung introduces the new and improved Ballie home robot with AI upgrades. Volkswagen announces plans to integrate ChatGPT into its cars. Amazon shares how it’s employing generative AI for clothing shopping. OpenAI launches the GPT Store for custom chatbot apps. Logan Paul offers refunds for the failed CryptoZoo NFT game. Harvard and Boston University develop a new robotic exoskeleton for walking assistance. Fidelity Financial confirms a major hack affecting its customers. Twitch announces layoffs, affecting approximately 500 employees.
Listen to the latest in tech on TechCrunch’s podcasts:
- Equity’s Wednesday episode covers news from PhotoRoom, Treasure Financial, and micromobility companies. It also discusses AI hardware and investment updates.
- Found’s episode features an interview with Markus Witte, co-founder of Babbel, a language learning app.
- Chain Reaction’s episode includes an interview with Michael Sonnenshein, the CEO at Grayscale Investments.
TC+ subscribers get access to in-depth commentary, analysis, and surveys, including:
- The Siri Dilemma: Apple’s Siri needs to get smarter to keep up with competitors.
- Enterprises Skeptical of GenAI: Businesses are unsure of the potential impact of generative AI on their bottom lines.
- The $1 Trillion Liquidity Gap: The venture capital markets in the US face a significant liquidity challenge.
Stay updated on all things AI and tech with GPTNewsRoom.com.