Unlocking the Power of AI: This Week’s Top Stories
- Small language models (SLMs) are gaining popularity among enterprises as they offer more control, cost savings, and lower energy consumption.
- Exclusive insights from Salesforce EVP on deploying Einstein and CRM AI.
- Rabbit R1, a novel AI agent device, is selling out fast, with prominent endorsements from tech industry leaders.
- AI systems are vulnerable to “poisoning attacks” that can compromise their integrity, according to a recent U.S. government study.
- OpenAI rival Cohere is in talks to raise up to $1 billion in funding, signaling a growing competition in the AI startup landscape.
1. Small Language Models Gaining Ground at Enterprises
Enterprises are increasingly turning to small language models (SLMs) instead of large language models (LLMs) for better control, cost-effectiveness, and energy efficiency. These SLMs are particularly attractive for fine-tuning in specific domains and ensuring data security. The early adoption of SLMs in enterprises is driven by the support from hyperscalers like AWS and Azure, which offer hosted APIs for these models.
One of the major advantages of SLMs is their reduced size, which leads to lower energy consumption and the ability to be hosted on a single GPU, addressing the shortage and high cost of compute resources. Despite being smaller, SLMs demonstrate remarkable capabilities in various NLU tasks, especially when fine-tuned for specialized use cases like healthcare or coding.
2. Exclusive: Salesforce EVP on Deploying Einstein and CRM AI
Rahul Auradkar, executive vice president and general manager of unified data services and Einstein at Salesforce, recently discussed the Einstein platform and other key AI initiatives in a revealing podcast. Listen to the podcast or read the transcript to gain exclusive insights into the world of AI at Salesforce.
3. Rabbit R1, a Novel AI Agent Device, Is Selling Out
Discover the latest AI agent device, rabbit’s R1, which is revolutionizing the way tasks are executed through natural language instructions. The device has gained attention in the AI community and recently saw its fifth batch of 10,000 units sell out. Pre-orders for the sixth batch of 50,000 devices are now open at rabbit.tech. Grab the opportunity to experience the future of AI firsthand!
4. AI and Cybersecurity: Guard Against ‘Poisoning’ Attacks
New concerns have emerged regarding the susceptibility of AI systems to “poisoning attacks,” which involve injecting bad data to compromise their integrity. Dive into the National Institute of Standards and Technology study to understand the evolving cyber threats to AI systems and their implications for data integrity.
5. AI Startup Roundup: OpenAI Rival Cohere in Talks to Raise $1 Billion
Stay ahead of the latest developments in the AI startup landscape as OpenAI rival Cohere is poised to raise up to $1 billion in funding. As competition intensifies, explore the key players in the AI startup industry, including Cohere, in the race to unlock the full potential of AI.
For more compelling stories and exclusive insights into the world of AI, visit GPTNewsRoom.com.